Fully Escorted Landscape Photography Workshop in County Wicklow, The Garden of Ireland, in “Ireland’s Ancient East”
with Sean & Theresa Byrne at Loughdan House, 4-star Guesthouse
Workshop Prices 2019
7 day workshop 2019 – €940
Non-refundable deposit: €150.
Workshop Dates 2019
April: 6-13 April
May: 8-15 April (4 places available)
June: 6-13 June
July: 20-27 July (6 places available)
September: 7-14 September (6 places available)
October: 5-12 October (5 places available)
Photography workshops available for groups 4 to 8 persons on request mid-March to 30th October. For bookings please contact us.
Our Landscape Photography Workshop is by far our most popular and runs from the end of January through to the beginning of December. What really sets it apart is our intimate knowledge of the Wicklow Uplands, we are 5th generation family on the same farm going back to the early 17th century, our family have worked and lived here through many extraordinary changes in Ireland, both political and natural. At Loughdan House our family have survived the “penal laws” 17 century Ireland, the “great Famine” 1847 which seen the population go from 8 million to 2 million in 10 years, Irish independence and home rule to the present day,
With Sean’s expert knowledge, guests are taken off the beaten track to the very best locations where they can capture some of the awe-inspiring views that have come to define “Ireland’s Ancient East”, and the Wicklow / Dublin uplands in particular,
The workshop consists of 3 days with professional tutor, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, with the guests taking the opportunity on Tuesday and Thursday to go out with Sean and practise the techniques that they have learnt the previous day.
With practical coaching from the field and more doing than talking, we shows participants how to capture the perfect image, whatever the weather or the time of year, drawing on years of experience to provide extensive advice on how to avoid the many pitfalls of photography, whether an amateur or an expert.
All participants are encouraged to develop their own individual style of photography. we encourage them to experiment, exploring the subject to the full in order to capture the best possible images.
Our Workshop covers all aspects of landscape photography in , running for 7 days / 6 nights from Sunday to Saturday, with a 5 day option available if preferred.
Each evening, after dinner we reviews a selection of images from each person, providing constructive feedback and using a range of software tools to demonstrate the best of the image
7 Day package includes:
- 6 nights Bed and breakfast in Loughdan 4* Guest House
- Evening Meal and Pack lunch Daily
- Laundry and drying facilities
- Transport from Dublin city or Airport on arrival to Loughdan House,
- Transport to Dublin City or Airport on morning of departure,
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday, our instructor will take you to a selection of attractive of Sites and proceed to teach you the more important aspects of how to get the best out of your camera,,
- Tuesday and Friday you will be accompanied by Sean, your host for the week to practice what you have learned the previous day
- Each evening, after dinner we review a selection of images from each person, providing constructive feedback and using a range of software tools to demonstrate the best of the image
- Available all year on request for groups of 4 to max of 8